What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that the websites visited by the User, or different websites or web servers (so-called third parties), place and store on the visitor’s terminal. Cookies can be used for different purposes (computer authentication, session monitoring, storage of information on specific configurations regarding Users who access the server, storage of preferences, etc.) and we will give some details below.
Type of cookies used by this site
Currently, on the website www.casaperferiemargherita.it there are:
- technical cookies (navigation and session): which allow the site to function correctly and allow you to view the published contents, ensuring correct navigation and functioning of the site. This type of cookie is not used for other purposes and is installed directly by the website operator.
- social plug-ins for Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter: these are plug-ins incorporated into the site, which allow the User to share the contents published by the Owner via social media. These plug-ins determine the transmission of cookies to the aforementioned platforms to track the User’s visit and, possibly, match it to his social account. The mechanism is necessary to allow the User to share content. The personal data is collected and processed directly by the aforementioned third parties, for which the Data Controller has no responsibility for their management.
For further details on platform cookies and how to deactivate them, the User is invited to consult the information available at the following addresses:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- Twitter: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
To install the types of cookies described above, it is not necessary to obtain the User’s consent; their deactivation and/or refusal to use them will make it impossible to use the content sharing functionality.
Management of cookies via browser settings
The main browsers allow you to check which cookies are present on your hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning every time a cookie is installed. For example, Google provides a specific tool available at g.co/privacytools.
For further information and support you can visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/windows/eliminare-e-gestire-i-cookie-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
- Chrome: chrome://settings/cookies